In order to implement pipelines and docker, with automated builds of docker images, the ApiOpenStudio projects have all been added to a new ApiOpenStudio group in GitLab.
This will enable GitLab pipelines to orchestrate pipelines across all of the projects as code is pushed and merged.
There was a dependency on this for upcoming tickets and tasks, so the tasks could not be delayed any longer. Because of this change, we have merged the develop branch to master branch, because this will update the wiki and phpdoc to reflect these changes.
However a new release tag for packagist has not been generated at this stage, becase we are only a few tasks away from beta release.
New changes available in the master branch:
- GitLab CI pipelines now faster, (#118 – closed).
- Wiki pages updated (#118 – closed & #115 – closed).
- Fixed CI artefacts not being uploaded on failure (#117 – closed).
- Logging now works on PHP8.0 as well as PHP7.4 (#111 – closed).
- This involved deprecating Cascade, and creating a wrapper for the awesome Monolog package.
- Implemented full JWT token authentication (#101 – closed).
- Fix automated unit and functional tests (#110 – closed).
- The entire project code has been updated to ensure all the latest PHPdoc and coding standards are passed.
- Fixed Packagist for apiopenstudio_admin – sorry, this was my bad – it was a copy and paste error that went unnoticed.
Contributors and developers using the codebase
If you have a clone of the Gitlab repository, you will need to update your remote branch with the following command (assuming you have cloned with SSH):
git remote set-url origin firstname.lastname@example.org:apiopenstudio/apiopenstudio.git
If you have a clone of the GitLab repository, you will need to update your remote branch with the following command (assuming you have cloned with SSH):
git remote set-url origin email@example.com:naala89/apiopenstudio.git
If you have forked the Gitlab repository, you can update the upstream URL:
git remote set-url upstream firstname.lastname@example.org:apiopenstudio/apiopenstudio.git
The updated URLs
The new Group URL’s
The GitLab project URL’s
- GitLab ApiOpenStudio
- GitLab ApiOpenStudio Admin
- GitLab ApiOpenStudio Development Docker
- GitLab ApiOpenStudio Nginx + PHP7.4 docker image (for 7.4 testing)
- GitLab ApiOpenStudio Nginx + PHP8.0 docker image (for 8.0 testing, unfinished)
- GitLab ApiOpenStudio PHPDOC docker images (for PHPDOC site generation and uploading)
The GitHub mirror URL’s
Exciting upcoming features for the Beta release
- Unit and Functional testing for PHP8.0 to ensure working across all contemporary PHP versions.
- Composer 2.0 should be fine, but this should be tested before Beta release.
- Swagger processor will be brought up to dat and fixed to allow importing and exporting of OpenApi documents.
- Automated tagging and generation of an ApiOpenStudio Docker image