We are excited to announce the official release of the Beta Version of ApiOpenStudio!
We have worked very hard on this release, and the release includes a lot of bug-fixes, enhancements and requested features. Here is a quick overview up the updates:
Beta release features
- Updated the wiki:
- Fixed issues in https://phpdoc.apiopenstudio.com.
- Fixed caching:
- Caching supports single and cluster cache servers, or on-server caching.
- Added support for Redis.
- Deprecated support for APC.
- Implemented optional caching for individual processors.
- Remote server and email outputs via plugins.
- Created multiple plugins for remote output, see https://packagist.org/packages/apiopenstudio
- Automated OpenApi document generation, supporting 1.x, 2.x, 3.x.
- Ability to manage 3rd party packages and repositories within ApiOpenStudio.
- Created two sample processor plugins
- Implemented Fragments (process repeated calculations only once).
- Added new processors to core:
- JsonPath & XmlPath.
- Logic processors:
- Modules CRUD.
- OpenApi CRUD.
- Added more unit tests (all core functionality is now fully tested).
- Added command line scripts (and API – so that it can be done using the GUI) to manage plugins.
- Integrated the ApiOpenStudio CLI commands (install, update, module) with Composer.
- Added a new page to the admin GUI to manage plugins.
We still have some known issues, and features that we want to build:
Tasks in the immediate roadmap
- Begin the re-design and rebuild for the admin GUI with better UX and UI. This will include a drag ‘n’ drop interface to building resources.
- Create a production docker for easier and secure installation.
- Fix minor issues in the automated OpenAPI document generation
- Add scanning for GET and POST variables to be automatically added to the OpenAPI documentation.
- Mechanisms to upgrade or downgrade OpenAPI versions.
- A mechanism to update OpenAPI if the domain is changed.
- Add testing for PHP 8.1.
- Add groups to permissions.