ApiOpenStudio Docker Dev has just been improved!
This is an update of the existing developer docker environment, geared towards developers of:
- ApiOpenStudio Core
- ApiOpenStudio Admin
It is not ready for full public release yet, because it implements the new ApiOpenStudio Docker Dev, which is still in pre-release.
However, it has some brilliant new features:
- Uses Traefik as the reverse proxy (faster and better than Nginx reverse proxy).
- All logging in a single place from Traefik and ApiOpenStudio (easier development processes).
- A Makefile to simplify setup, initialisation and day to day usage (easier and faster setup and usage).
- Example settings file, allowing you to get up and running in under 20 minutes (no need to worry about debugging your initial setup).
- Persistent DB, stored in a docker volume for security, space-saving and portability.
- Full HTTPS support and setup
- Tested and working on all major OS’s:
- The only requirements on the host OS:
- Fully documented in the README, including FAQ for possible common issues and howto’s.
It will be a new major version release, will not be backwards compatible with the existing v1.x.x of apiopenstudio_docker_dev. Because of this, it will remain in the develop branch until apiopenstudio_admin_vue is ready for alpha release at the earliest.
You can checkout out code from the develop branch at https://gitlab.com/apiopenstudio/apiopenstudio_docker_dev/-/tree/develop, ensure that all repository checkouts are on the develop branch (for now).
This will enable a sneak preview on progress in the new Admin interface, that will include a drag n drop interface (for even faster and simpler development), and fully revised UX/UI.