Roadmap for upcoming improvements
This is a roadmap for ApiOpenStudio.
Released and available on Packagist (tag: alpha2)
This part of the roadmap is a solid release and working. It is being labelled as an alpha release, because there are definitely quite a few additions that need to be made before we are happy that this is really set for rock ‘n’ rolling … see “Beta release”.
This is available at https://packagist.org/packages/apiopenstudio/apiopenstudio
- Solid core:
- Reworked parsing of the node tree
- Unified data container for passing between processors
- Self-documenting processors
- Ease of use
- Granular permissions for users
- Resources to follow the REST guidelines
- Resource authentication for security
- Multiple output formats
- Server logging
- Admin area to administer:
- User invites
- ApiOpenStudio available as an open source project
- Automated CI pipeline
- Ease of installation
- Separate the admin code from the main codebase
- Core versioning and automated local updates hook on version update
- Deprecate .env and use only settings.yml
- Remove all function terminology from ApiOpenStudio and Admin, so that only processors are referred to
- Fragments processor
- Caching for Redis
- Email and remote output
- Plugin and 3rd party processor handling through the GUI and CLI
v1.0 release – in development
- Rewrite the admin code using VueJS.
- Live display of errors in resource editor for developers.
- Add a GUI for visually creating resources with drag ‘n’ drop
- Groups for handling users and processors.
- Enterprise SaaS version.